• ISBN: 9780099449225 (0099449226)
      • Publisher: Vintage
      • Release date: October 2, 2003
      • Author: Roddy Doyle
      • Genres: biography, ireland, memoir, literature
      • Format: paperback, 338 pages
      • Language: english

About The Book

Ita Doyle: ‘In all my life I have lived in two houses, had two jobs, and one husband. I’m a very interesting person’

Rory & Ita, Roddy Doyle’s first non-fiction book, tells — largely in their own words — the story of his parents’ lives. They remember every detail of their Dublin childhoods — the people, the politics, idyllic times in the Wexford countryside for Ita, Rory’s apprenticeship as a printer. By the time they put down a deposit of two hundred pounds for a house in Kilbarrack, Rory was working as a compositor at the Irish Independent. By the time the first of their four children was born he’d become a teacher, at the School of Printing in Dublin. Kilbarrack began to change, and Ireland too. Through their eyes we see the intensely Catholic society of their youth being transformed into the vibrant, modern Ireland of today.

Both are marvellous talkers, so combined with Roddy Doyle’s legendary skill in illuminating ordinary experience, Rory & Ita makes for a book of tremendous warmth and humanity.

TXT ebook Rory & Ita by Roddy Doyle buy for PocketBook on Book Depository. MP3 book Rory & Ita download. FictionBook Rory & Ita read online on iPad on Dymocks. FB2 book Rory & Ita Roddy Doyle. PDF ebook Rory & Ita by Roddy Doyle on Bookshop.

0件の返信スレッドを表示中
返信先: Rory & Ita by Roddy Doyle – read online
あなたの情報: