このトピックには0件の返信が含まれ、1人の参加者がいます。1 ヶ月、 1 週前に Ginny Smith さんが最後の更新を行いました。
2020-12-14 17:23 #6243
How God Changes Your Brain
Breakthrough Findings from a Leading Neuroscientist
by Andrew B. Newberg, Mark Robert Waldman
- Release date: March 24, 2009
- ISBN: 9780345503411 (0345503414)
- Author: Andrew B. Newberg, Mark Robert Waldman
- Publisher: Ballantine Books
- Format: hardcover, 368 pages
- Genres: science, psychology, religion, neuroscience, spirituality, brain, theology, faith
- Language: english
About The Book
God is great — for your mental, physical, and spiritual health. That’s the finding of this startling, authoritative, and controversial book by the bestselling authors of Born to Believe.
Based on new evidence culled from their brain-scan studies on memory patients and meditators, their Web-based survey of people’s religious and spiritual experiences, and their analyses of adult drawings of God, neuroscientist Andrew Newberg, therapist Mark Robert Waldman, and their research team have concluded that active and positive spiritual belief changes the human brain for the better. What’s more, actual faith isn’t always necessary: atheists who meditate on positive imagery can obtain similar neurological benefits. Written in an accessible style — with illustrations highlighting how spiritual experiences affect the mind — How God Changes Your Brain offers the following breakthrough discoveries:
• Not only do prayer and spiritual practice reduce stress and anxiety, but just twelve minutes of meditation per day may slow down the aging process.
• Contemplating a loving God rather than a punitive God reduces anxiety, depression, and stress and increases feelings of security, compassion, and love.
• Fundamentalism, in and of itself, is benign and can be personally beneficial, but the anger and prejudice generated by extreme beliefs can permanently damage your brain.
• Intense prayer and meditation permanently change numerous structures and functions in the brain — altering your values and the way you perceive reality.
How God Changes Your Brain is both a revelatory work of modern science and a practical guide for readers to enhance their physical and emotional health and to avoid mental decline. Newberg and Waldman explain the eight best ways to “exercise” your brain and guide readers through specific routines derived from a wide variety of Eastern and Western spiritual practices that improve personal awareness and empathy. They explain why yawning heightens consciousness and relaxation, and they teach “Compassionate Communication,” a new mediation technique that builds intimacy with family and friends in less than fifteen minutes of practice.
Unique in its conclusions and innovative in its methods, How God Changes Your Brain is a first-of-a-kind book about faith that is as credible as it is inspiring.
Online book How God Changes Your Brain read online. Paperback How God Changes Your Brain Andrew B. Newberg buy iPhone on Dymocks. FictionBook ebook How God Changes Your Brain by Andrew B. Newberg download on Android on Walmart.
TXT How God Changes Your Brain. MP3 ebook How God Changes Your Brain Andrew B. Newberg for Mac. FB2 book How God Changes Your Brain download on Powells.