(ePUB) Learning from My Mother's Voice by Jean Lau Chin – 9780807745519

このWikiについて フォーラム 掲示板 (ePUB) Learning from My Mother's Voice by Jean Lau Chin – 9780807745519

このトピックには0件の返信が含まれ、1人の参加者がいます。3 ヶ月前 Elena Flynn さんが最後の更新を行いました。

• 投稿者
    投稿
  • #5018 返信

Elena Flynn

Learning from My Mother’s Voice
    Family Legend and the Chinese American Experience

by Jean Lau Chin

🔥 Learning from My Mother’s Voice — READ MORE 🔥

• Format: paperback
    • Publisher: Teachers College Press
    • Release date: February 18, 2005
    • ISBN: 9780807745519 (0807745510)
    • Author: Jean Lau Chin
    • Language: english

About The Book

A compelling saga of mothers and daughters, survival and striving, women, family, and culture that will resonate with all Americans who have immigrant roots. This fascinating book takes a new and different look at the immigrant experience of Asian Americans. Through the voice of her Chinese mother, the author examines perennial themes of separation, loss, guilt, and bicultural identity in the lives of immigrant families. Grounded in a historical context that spans events of more than a century — World War II, McCarthyism, Civil Rights, the Women’s movement — this volume: Uses oral history to show how families rely upon myth and legend as they adjust to a new culture. Illustrates how strong cultural and intergenerational bonds can both support and oppress Chinese American families; Uses Asian mythology and symbols to understand the psyche of Chinese Americans and their immigration experience, illustrating the contrasting world views of Asian and Western culture. Provides strategies for coping with the immigration experience for use by counselors and other professionals.

EPUB Learning from My Mother’s Voice buy. Paperback ebook Learning from My Mother’s Voice Jean Lau Chin for iOS on Booktopia. TXT book Learning from My Mother’s Voice download. Hardback book Learning from My Mother’s Voice by Jean Lau Chin read online on PocketBook on Barnes & Noble. MOBI Learning from My Mother’s Voice by Jean Lau Chin download iPhone on Powells.

Online ebook Learning from My Mother’s Voice. Hardcover Learning from My Mother’s Voice Jean Lau Chin read for Kindle on Walmart. FB2 book Learning from My Mother’s Voice buy cheap. FictionBook ebook Learning from My Mother’s Voice by Jean Lau Chin read online reader. PDF Learning from My Mother’s Voice download on Kobo.

返信先: (ePUB) Learning from My Mother's Voice by Jean Lau Chin – 9780807745519
あなたの情報: