このトピックには0件の返信が含まれ、1人の参加者がいます。1 ヶ月前に Betzua Rench さんが最後の更新を行いました。
2020-12-21 19:46 #7080
How Ancient Foods Can Feed Our Microbiome
by Katherine Harmon Courage
- ISBN: 9781101905289 (110190528X)
- Release date: February 12, 2019
- Language: english
- Publisher: Avery
- Author: Katherine Harmon Courage
- Genres: food, science, health, biology, cookbooks, history
- Format: hardcover, 288 pages
About The Book
A revealing look at the 300 trillion microorganisms that keep us healthy — and the foods they need to thrive
These days, probiotic yogurt and other “gut-friendly” foods line supermarket shelves. But what’s the best way to feed our all-important microbiome — and what is a microbiome, anyway?
In this engaging and eye-opening book, science journalist Katherine Harmon Courage investigates these questions, presenting a deep dive into the ancient food traditions and the latest research for maintaining a healthy gut. Courage’s insights include:
• Meet your microbiome: What it is, how it works, and why it’s essential for our immune system — and overall health
• Gut-friendly food traditions: A guided tour of artisanal makers of yogurt, kimchi, kefir, kombucha, olives, cocoa, and other vibrant, ancient foods from around the world that feed our microbiome (along with simple recipes for curious at-home cooks)
• Cutting-edge science: A first-hand look at some of the top lab facilities where microbiologists are working to better understand the human gut and how to feed it for good health
Equal parts science explainer, culinary investigation, and global roadmap for healthy eating, Cultured offers a wealth of information for anyone interested in making smart food choices in our not-so-gut-friendly modern world.
“Deeply researched but conversational and even funny, Cultured is the guide we need to make sense of the hope and hype of microbiome science and what it means for our everyday lives.”
— Maryn McKenna, author of Big Chicken, Superbug, and Beating Back the Devil
“This enthralling book sounds the clarion call to end the senseless onslaught of warfare waged against our microbial symbionts. It is time to embrace the world within us and feed the ferment that keeps us happy and healthy.”
— Ken Albala, Professor of History University of the Pacific
FB2 Cultured on iOS. Paperback book Cultured by Katherine Harmon Courage download on Bookshop. PDF ebook Cultured buy. TXT ebook Cultured Katherine Harmon Courage read for reader on Audible.
MOBI book Cultured buy cheap Mac. MP3 Cultured by Katherine Harmon Courage on Booktopia. Hardcover ebook Cultured Katherine Harmon Courage download for Kindle on Books-a-Million. EPUB book Cultured read online.
FictionBook Cultured by Katherine Harmon Courage. Hardback ebook Cultured read online on PC on Kobo. Online book Cultured buy cheap on Amazon. Paperback Cultured Katherine Harmon Courage download iPhone.